NGONDRO refers to basic Tibetan Buddhist PURIFICATION PRACTICES. These practices are traditionally the recommended first steps before learning higher tantric meditations/teachings. It can be compared to learning to walk before running in a spiritual sense.
Although considered basic, when thoroughly engaged in, the NGONDRO are a set powerful tools/methods/principles that help calm the stressed mind, enhance physical health, SHIFT ONE’S CONSCIOUSNESS & RAISE ONE’S ENERGY VIBRATION.
Even if the Ngondro is considered basic, it can can be as effective as the higher tantras/teachings in awakening Bodhicitta (Enlightened Compassion) and Wisdom. It all depends on the one’s dedication, motivation and effort to the practices.
VAJRASATTVA – BODHISATTVA OF PURIFICATION (refer to photo on the right)
Vajrasattva is a Tibetan Buddha expression of purification. Known as the “Great Purifyer” and is a foundational image in the Ngnodro practice. It is through the awareness, presence and Grace of Vajrasattva that the practitioner will experience progress.
What does Invoking Vajrasattva purify?
• Broken promises on one’s path to wholeness.
• Stress and anxiety from excessive “modern” living.
• Mental defilements and bad karma.
What you will experience in the Ngondro Transmission:
• Calm abiding meditation practice.
• How prostrations purify with the right intention & visualization.
• Invoking the Sacred Space & Protection through Tibetan tradition.
• Balancing mind, body, emotions through the Grace of Vajrasattva (Bodhisattva of purification)
• Discussion of what is the role of the Buddha in this modern time.